dekalb academy of technology & environment charter schools, inc.
A STEAM Accredited Technology and Environmental Focused Academy
S.T.E.A.M. is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math education.
- The skills and knowledge in each discipline are essential for student success
- These fields are deeply intertwined in the real world and in how students learn most effectively
- STEAM is an interdisciplinary and applied approach that is coupled with hands-on, problem-based learning
Maker Space & Technology Lab
Our media center has a maker space for tinkering and making and a 3D Printer
- 1:1 Technology
- K-4 Google Chromebooks
- 5-6 Window Laptops
- 7-8 Macbooks
S.T.E.A.M. Teams is our partner in delivering S.T.E.A.M. programs and pathways to our students.
The S.T.E.A.M. Bus comes to your location to provide a “hands on” learning expedition field trip. Students will be able to step into a (mobile lab school bus) world of exploration and discovery, while understanding various concepts of S.T.E.A.M. Our students at the Academy will guide your children into a unique world of technology turbulence and enhance their creative imagination and artistic ability around science.
To make arrangements for the S.T.E.A.M Bus to visit your location, please call 678.999.9290, or contact Nanette Shillingford at email@example.com
- 24-foot Bus
- 11 Hands-on Learning Stations
- Interactive Smart Boards
- Wireless Internet Access
- Advanced Stereo Sound
- Laboratory Equipment: Microscopes – Exotic Animals – 3-D Engineering Blocks – Master Tools
- Reaching >6,000 Students Annually
- Serving Greater Atlanta
- Earth & Space Science
- Weather & Climate
- Land & Marine Ecosystems
- Motion & Sound
- Art Expression & Discovery
- Research and provide professional development opportunities for primary teachers in S.T.E.A.M. education, so that educators have the resources and skills they need to provide S.T.E.A.M. experiences to Primary Grades
S.T.E.A.M. Support of Curriculum:
- Research and develop primary grades S.T.E.A.M. Lessons and units aligned with GDOE and National Science Standards to provide S.T.E.A.M. education, targeting primary students in grades Pre-k- 2 grades.
Partnerships and Community Awareness:
- Increase awareness of S.T.E.A.M. education through communication and collaboration with the local community.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with S.T.E.A.M. businesses, industries and higher education to provide S.T.E.A.M. opportunities for teachers and students.
S.T.E.A.M. Opportunities for all Students:
- Increase S.T.E.A.M. experiences and support curricular and after-school S.T.E.A.M. opportunities for students.