Mrs. Shillingford (STEAM coordinator) Mrs. Hamilton (assistant coordinator and Lead Teacher for Elementary STEM Club) Ms. Burns, and Mrs. Muhammed, took 20 fantastic aspiring elementary girl engineers to Georgia Tech this past weekend for hands-on STEM Fair lead by the Society of Woman Engineers (SWE).
Our scholars made slime, built bridges, and engineered model boats that floated. Afterwards, we all headed to the famous Varsity. This was a great experience for our girls.
HBCU STEAM BUS TOUR 2018
Spring Break (April 2 – 5, 2018)
(for D.A.T.E. students in grades 6 – 8 and D.A.T.E. alumni)
Register now to reserve your spot!!!
The first five returning HBCU STEAM Tour students that register by June 30 (as identified by the PayPal time stamped log) will receive a $25 credit toward their trip!
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Once deposits are made to the tour company, hotels and tour sites, we will not be able to make adjustments to offer refunds.
$400 per person (rate is based on quadruple occupancy)
This cost includes:
- 3 nights of hotel accommodations in New Orleans
- 3 continental breakfasts and at least four additional meals
We Will Visit
- Southern University, Louisiana
- Xavier University, Louisiana
- Dillard University, Louisiana
- Tuskegee University, Alabama
- George Washington Carver Museum, Alabama
- Home of Booker T. Washington, Alabama
- Tuskegee Airman Museum, Alabama
- Edmond Pettus Bridge, Alabama
- National Voting Rights Museum, Alabama
Payments may be made in full or increments.
1st installment/deposit: $100 (non-refundable deposit) June 30
2nd installment: $100 (non-refundable installment) August 30
3rd installment: $100 (non-refundable installment) September 30
Final installment: $100 (non-refundable installment) October 30
Payments made on time are Greatly Appreciated!
*Payments are non-refundable.